Eurostars 3 - Call 2
The Eurostars call is open for innovative SMEs and other organisations that want to collaborate in an international R&D&I project.
- Call opens: Friday 21 January 2022 Central European Time (CET)
- Call closes: Thursday 24 March 2022 2:00pm Central European Time (CET)
This call is now closed.
Project applications must fulfil seven eligibility criteria:
- The project consortium is led by an innovative SME from a Eurostars country.
- The project consortium is composed of at least two entities that are independent of one another.
- The project consortium is composed of entities from at least two Eurostars countries with at least one organisation coming from an EU or Horizon Europe Associated Country.
- The budget of the SMEs from the participating countries, excluding subcontracting, is 50% or more of the total project cost.
- No single participant or country is responsible for more than 70% of the budget of the project.
- The project duration is 36 months or less.
- The project has an exclusive focus on civil applications.
Download the detailed guidelines about the Eurostars eligibility criteria on Eureka's website.
Scope of the call
Eurostars targets innovative SMEs interested in developing a new product, process or service in collaboration with international partners. Any type of organisation (SMEs, large companies, research institutes, universities, etc.) from any country can participate as long as the eligibility criteria are met.
Check the eligibility criteria on Eureka's website.
Eurostars adopts a bottom-up approach. This means that project partners are free to generate innovation in any technological areas and address any market areas. However, the project must have an exclusive focus on civil applications.
- 21 January 2022 12:00am Central European Time (CET)
- Call opens
- 24 March 2022 2:00pm Central European Time (CET)
- Call closes
- 1 July 2022 12:00am Central European Summer Time (CEST)
- Applicants notified
How to apply
Organisations should first consult the Eureka's website to learn about eligibility criteria, funding rules in their country, content of the application form, evaluation process and other relevant information regarding participation in Eurostars.
Applications are submitted exclusively online, via this platform. As soon as the call opens, the innovative SME leading the consortium can start a new application. The lead partner (innovative SME) will then invite the other partners to join the application – all partners can collaboratively complete the application form.
For more details, download the guidelines on how to use the platform on Eureka's website.
Applications can be submitted from 21 January 2022 to 24 March 2022 at 2:00 PM (CET).
All information about the call can be found on Eureka's website. Check all guidelines to submit a successful application.
It is also important for applicants to contact their National Project Coordinators (NPCs), as they can provide personalised advice and essential information about national funding rules and requirements. NPCs can be contacted through the contact form available on Eureka's website.
Need help with this service? Contact us